Star Valley Community
Demographic Study 2013
Star Valley is a large Master Planned Community on the Southwest edge of Tucson, Arizona. The community covers approximately 2.5 square miles. The closest church of any kind is 5 miles away. The second closest church is 6 miles away. No churches are making any visible effort to reach people living in Star Valley.
Post Christian City
Tucson, AZ is the 12th most Post-Christian City in the U.S. and the 4th most in the West.
Post-Christian = meet at least 60% of the following 15 factors (9 or more factors)
Highly Post-Christian = meet at least 80% of the following 15 factors (12 or more factors)
1. do not believe in God
2. identify as atheist or agnostic
3. disagree that faith is important in their lives
4. have not prayed to God (in the last year)
5. have never made a commitment to Jesus
6. disagree the Bible is accurate
7. have not donated money to a church (in the last year)
8. have not attended a Christian church (in the last year)
9. agree that Jesus committed sins
10. do not feel a responsibility to “share their faith”
11. have not read the Bible (in the last week)
12. have not volunteered at church (in the last week)
13. have not attended Sunday school (in the last week)
14. have not attended religious small group (in the last week)
15. do not participate in a house church (in the last year)
Churches in The area
1 Church 5 Miles Away
1 Church 6 Miles Away
0 Churches ministering in Star Valley.
Star Valley: 17,000
Tucson: 1.1 Million
90% Do not know Jesus personally.
57% Of population is Hispanic.
27% Residents below poverty line.
Median Age: 32
Median Income: $45,613
5,000 Homes & Buildings (and growing)